STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS RECIPIENTS
The following students were recipients of Student Travel Grants for AusITS 2016
|Abdullah A. Saed||- University of South Australia|
|Amin Movahed||- University of New South Wales (Canberra)|
|Amin Sakzad||- Monash University|
|Behzad Asadi||- University of Newcastle|
|Biao He||- Australian National University|
|Chandra Thapa||- University of Newcastle|
|Chenxi Liu||- University of New South Wales|
|Hamdan awan||- University of New South Wales|
|Jing Guo||- Australian National University|
|Min Qiu||- University of New South Wales|
|Ronald Mulinde||- University of South Australia|
|Tri Pham||- University of Canterbury (New Zealand)|
|Vahid Naghshin||- University of New South Wales (Canberra)|
|Xiaohui Zhou||- Australian National University|
|Yixuan Xie||- University of New South Wales|
|Zhuo Sun||- University of New South Wales|
|Zihao Gao||- University of Sydney|
STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS
AusITS 2016 is pleased to offer travel grants to students from Australia and overseas who will register and attend AusITS 2016 (early career researches are encouraged to apply too). The grants will be awarded on a competitive basis to a limited number of applicants who have a genuine need for financial support to attend AusITS 2016. Each award may range from $150 to $1,000.
- ♦ Application deadline: December 13, 2015
- ♦ Acceptance notification: December 18, 2015
Grants Award Conditions
- ♦ The applicant must be a member of IEEE or the IEEE Information Theory Society;
- ♦ The applicant must be full-time student enrolled toward a Bachelor, Masters, or Ph.D. degree (or an early career researcher) in computer science, engineering correlated field in a college or university when submitting their applications;
- ♦ The grant recipients must attend AusITS 2016 in person;
- ♦ During the expense reimbursement stage, the applicant must show the proof of having registered to attend the AusITS 2016;
- ♦ Payment will only be made as long as the award recipient submits the expense report (with receipts and bank detail information) within 30 days after the conference.
How to apply
The application must include the following:
- ♦ A travel grant application form, Download here;
- ♦ A reference letter from your supervisor;
- ♦ Your up-to-date resume;
- ♦ A half-to-one page letter to state the purpose of attending AusITS 2016.
Applications must be complete to be considered and submitted electronically
before the deadline to below EMAILS:
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
with mandatory title: "Student Travel Grant Application for AusITS 2016: Your Last Name".
The organizers will:
- ♦ Make the decision by December 18, 2015. The travel grant awardees will be notified by email.
- ♦ Publish successful applicant's names on the AusITS web page.
- ♦ Distribute the travel grants to the award recipient's bank accounts as long as they submit the expense report (with receipts) within 30 days after the conference.
Once an acceptance notice is received, candidates must:
- ♦ Make their own travel arrangements and pay for registration, and then submit the expense report (with receipts and bank account details) within 30 days after the conference.
- ♦ Obtain a visa to visit Australia for the AusITS 2016 if applicable.
- ♦ For applicants within Australia, the typical grant support is up to $500. For applicants from oversea, the typical support is up to $1000. The travel grant selection committee reserves the right to decide the amount awarded.
- ♦ The grants can only be used to cover the travel expenses and registration fee for applicants to attend AusITS 2016.
- ♦ Non-student applicants, such as early career researchers, who also need financial support to attend AusITS 2016, are encouraged to apply.
Please address any questions to the Finance & Registration Chairs, Katrina He (email@example.com) & Rajitha Senanayake (firstname.lastname@example.org)